There’s a reason why we call the kitchen the heart of the home. It’s where we cook, often eat, gather and socialise with family and friends. So it’s a room that deserves to be stylish as well as functional.
One way of creating your dream room is with the addition of quartz countertops. These offer the veining and variations you get with marble, but with a higher level of durability.
Typically, quartz worktops are engineered slabs made from around 90% ground natural quartz fused with pigments and polymer resins.
The eventual price you pay will depend on a number of factors, including the brand, design, thickness and finish of your units.
Reasons to choose quality quartz
- Quartz is one of the world’s hardest minerals – it’s also scratch-resistant and won’t chip or crack
- It can withstand heat pretty well, although you’re still better off not placing hot items directly on the surface
- Quartz resists mildew, mould and staining and isn’t porous
- A quick wipe-down every day keeps the stone more than 99% free from bacteria – you typically just need a cloth and warm, soapy water
- It’s an abundant, environmentally friendly material and the finished product isn’t toxic or allergenic
- It’s versatile so can be used in backsplashes, tables and more, as well as worktops
- There are more options for colour than with some other natural stones and there are many choices in terms of patterns and finishes
So it’s perhaps not surprising that homebuyers and owners alike are talking so much about quartz kitchen worktops. And they are often more affordable than you may have realised. So give the idea a second look this spring, and have a think about whether they could work in your kitchen.
How we can help
Royal Stone Care can help keep your quartz kitchen worktops looking their tiptop best with our specialist quartz repair and restoration in London. And as well as quartz countertop repair, we offer fully insured deep cleaning to support your regular day-to-day care of your natural stone countertops.
Give us a call today to find out more about how we can help.